Great news!—Nuun hydration and Feetures! socks are sponsoring our Tuesday Run Club! What makes these brands awesome? Paragon Pacer James gave us some insight.
Nuun is delicious enough to hydrate with any day, but it’s ideal for refueling and rehydrating after a run. Pronounced “noon,” the company was the first to separate electrolyte replacement from carbohydrates, so you get the benefits without all the sugar. Just drop the tablet into a bottle of water and enjoy!
“Nuun hydration isn’t as thick as other drinks like Gatorade and isn’t as sticky,” James says, plus, they are only 8 calories each with zero sugar.
Not only are the flavors tasty, they are an easy way to enhance performance through proper hydration. Many of us are dehydrated on a daily basis, which can cause fatigue, cramps, headaches, dizziness, nausea and more. When water just isn’t enough, Nuun provides three hydration varieties:
- Active Hydration: specific to high intensity activities and/or higher electrolyte replenishment needs (Running, Cycling, Swimming, etc)
- U Natural Hydration: all natural variety with a lower electrolyte profile
- All Day: encourages you to drink more water by providing refreshing flavors, enhanced with all-natural vitamin and mineral blend for daily use
Now we all know hydration’s importance, but so is taking care of your feet during long or frequent runs. Feetures! brand strives to help you perform your best by providing a variety of high-quality socks and eco-friendly packaging to boot!
“The Merino wool ones are super nice,” says James. “The wool doesn’t take on the smell technical fibers usually do and wears better.”
Already wearing Feetures! when asked about them, he explained the high performance socks have a fabric blend, elastic arch support and good fit unlike any other sock. Each variety keeps your feet dry using fibers like bamboo, Merino wool and Lycra. There’s one for every runner’s need:
- High Performance: original design featuring Lycra, hugs, wicks, includes ventilation zones
- Elite: targeted support, blister protection, moisture wicking
- Elite Merino+: includes Merino wool for natural anti-odor, insulates when wet, warms feet
- Plantar Fasciitis Sleeve: 6 support zones with graduated compression for circulation
- Elite Compression: knee-high, 18-22 mmHG of superior graduated compression for faster recovery
Both are amazing products that are beneficial to many runners already. So, make sure to come out and experience Nuun and Feetures! for yourself this Tuesday at 6:30pm.
A Word From Coach Josh:
This week, hopefully the weather will agree and there won’t be any reason to make any adjustments, we’re going for some variable pace work with a nice little interval play. The pick-ups aren’t aggressive, but more of a turn of pace that will work with the potential conditions we’ll be looking at. Sadly, I won’t be there Tuesday, but pacers James, Devang, Vivian, and Brian have got you covered.
The Tuesday Workout
- Warm-up to the West Side Highway [Roughly 1-mile]
- Repeat the Sequence Twice
- 1-min Easy/4-min @ 30-sec faster
- 2-min Easy/3-min @ 45-sec faster
- 3-min Easy/2-min @ 60-sec faster
- 4-min Easy/1-min @ 90-sec faster
- Cool Down back to the store [Roughly 1-mile]